Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Starting to Feel My Age

I still dont believe that 30...... is old. However there is starting to be some mounting evidence that I am feeling a little older than I used to. I have included a few bullets to help back up my case:
  • I couldn't figure out something very simple on the computer today and got really frustrated

  • I read my weekly people magazine last night and didn't know who one of "those vampire people" were

  • I am scheduled for a cut and color tomorrow and realized that it will be my first in about 4 months. (In a former life it was about every 6 weeks)

  • I don't wear spikey heels anymore and swore that would never happen (Flats are so much more comfortable--I hope they never go out of style)
  • I am finding myself more and more just wanting to pay someone to do something for me instead of doing it myself
  • 7am is the new 9am, and therefore 10pm is the new midnight
  • I used to love to throw a party/shower/gathering/whatever you want to call it but it has now lost its pizazz. Probably because I still average about one a month. Once we get through all the babies I figure I'll be done until my friends children start getting married so I need to still enjoy while it lasts. Then I will feel even older.

  • Hubs and I went to a concert a few weekends ago to celebrate our anniversary and we actually got to sit for at least 1/2 of the concert.....and I was happy about it. Thank you Michael Bluble.

Here's to growing old...or getting older at least!

2 comments:

  1. THat is soo true!! But getting older isn't all that bad! WE can look forward to watching our children become young adults. It will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 10 pm being the new "midnight".... I hear ya!! This girl was in bed last night at 9:30. Children wipe you out!! I've got the 2 and thank goodness they were at different times.... not at the same like you. :)

    ReplyDelete