Wednesday, April 28, 2010

These Shoes are Made for Walking....

Mornings are a little crazy in the Jaillette house. For those without kids mornings are lazy times spent catching up on the news(former today show regular) , enjoying a cup of coffee(or preferred caffeine, in my case diet coke) and making yourself look presentable for the day(my max spent getting me ready now is probably 15 minutes). We have had kids for over 14 months now and I feel like we are still perfecting our morning routine....some mornings are easier than others. The kids for a brief time slept until almost 7:30am. That was bliss, but now wake up time is 6:45am on the dot. Like their momma they have an "internal clock"(that term is solely for hubby).

We are having a lot of firsts lately and this morning was one of them. It is kind of bitter sweet. My children aren't considered infants anymore. When we woke this morning instead of the normal carry from crib to highchair (simultaneously of course for my morning arm workout) for breakfast both boys walked from the nursery into the kitchen. It seems just like yesterday that they got their first pair of "big boy" shoes. Hard to believe this was already two months ago. I know it seems small but this is a really big deal in my book.


They have been walking for a good while now but never as independent as this morning. As if this fete were not enough, after breakfast as I was changing Will's diaper and I asked Spence to go bring me his shoes, and he brought me all 4. This fetching thing might come in handy! I am pretty sure we are right on the brink of a few other breakthroughs so when those emerge then I will be happy to post those developments as well.


It really just seeems like we brought our babies home from the hospital a couple of months ago. I know numerous people who have had babies over the past week. To them(who am I kidding, they don't have time to read this yet)I encourage you to enjoy every stage..... even the less enjoyable elements you will look back and somewhat miss since that bridges you to the next fun stage. It really does change your life forever. "Babypalooza" as I have deemed it began last week and continues until October. It seems just about everyone I know is having a baby. Dont worry we are not adding the 5th to our household just yet. Only Zoey qualifies.

Ruff!




No comments:

Post a Comment